Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Importance of Being Busy

"I can't get a life when my heart is not in it"
-Oasis, The Importance of Being Idle

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"
-John Lennon

Today marks the first day of classes. The last leg of the final lap before graduation and before the bar exams.  Sometimes, people still ask me how I managed to juggle law school, work and getting a life.  I said I don't juggle, I just do.  The juggling is apparent after the fact, but while you're at it, it just happens.

A lot of people complain that they don't have time for anything.  Whether it is running, reading a good book, watching a movie, getting a postgraduate. The reason? They don't start. Doing something and trying to accomplish something is not really a plan, it's a conviction. A conviction to finish what you started, and proceed with what you already have, the rest will fall into place...eventually.

You can't get a life when you're Idle.
- restlessEST

2 comments:

  1. hey, this made me cry.
    thank you for this one.
    i'll be praying for your success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hope i didn't make you cry in a bad way... :)

    ReplyDelete