Sunday, October 10, 2010

Toki Japanese Fusion Updated

Because Ayala Avenue is close last night we had to scrap our plans of dining at CiÇou and opted for a dining place at Fort Instead.  Since we had quite a heavy glutinous dinner the night before at Cav we figure to eat something lighter and hopefully healthier.  Hence, the choice for tonight is japanese.

There are a few japanese places at Fort but our favorite hands-down is Toki. As can be seen from my previous post we really enjoyed our set lunch before, but now we ordered ala carte.  Though i still prefer the set lunch - to manage your budget and all - I must say their ala carte orders are not only good but has perfect sharing portions. I won't talk much anymore and just let the photos do the talking. Bon Appetit, or probably I should say tabetai! :)


japanese pickles moriawase (6 types) Php240
One thing I will never tire of is pickles and this Japanese pickles strengthened that resolve. 
Onigiri (grilled salmon in japanese rice) @ Php160
I forgot what it's called but this one is yum-yum for sure!
Toki Style 3 Kinds Sashimi Carpaccio Style (Php380)
This dish was devoured in seconds. Toki menu labels it recommended, and I absolutely concur!
Takoyaki Roll (Php240)
Very nice, though the consistency of the octopus is on the rocky side, i have a chewy one and others got some soft ones
Unagi Bou Sushi (Php750)
One of the best thing in the Toki Menu is eel.  Whether topped on rice of sushi-fied, Toki eel never disappoints.
Nigiri Mori (9 Kinds) Php550
I didn't get to try everything but I didn't hear any whining, just nomnomnom. But then if it looks this good how can it be bad eh?
Spicy Lapu-Lapu (Php 370)
I like lapu-lapu and I like it spicy. This dish didn't seal it for me though, I blame the flour-y breading.
Japanese Cheesecake (Php170)
After all the binging a good diner knows to leave some space for dessert.  Ordering dessert is easy we just pointed to the most yummy-looking photo on their menu. I'm not really a big fan of japanese cheesecakes, always preferred the non-spongy ones. 
Macha Roll (Php195)
This feels like eating green tea ice cream -- indulgent but the same time giving you that 'healthy' feeling. Or maybe its just me who associates green tea with healthy.  Nonetheless, still a must try dessert!
Tiramisu (Php 190)
One of the best ones! I'm torn between these and the Macha cake.
3 Kinds Crepe (Php260)
I love love crepe and this one tastes like ice cream.  I can't figure out what the 3 kinds of whatever good stuff is inside it but it tastes like Ice cream and I love it!

We ordered other stuff as well and Asahi beer (Php200) too!  Toki is good but I kinda prefer doing it for lunch.

TOKI's full menu is found on this link.  You can also order online through their website.

Address: 2nd floor - 32nd and 5th Building corner 32nd St. and 5th Avenue Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines

3 comments:

  1. Toki was amazing! Thanks for the tip! Let's do Nihonbashitei next time! It's on the cheaper side but it's still authentic :) You'll surely love it!

    and the Salmon Rice Ball is called an Onigiri (Php160). They sometimes grill it too!

    ...gosh I could still taste the excellent eel and the nomnomnom Tiramisu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Pao. Amended. :) Yeah, we can do that for brunch next time...maybe after the Adidas KOTR?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we went here with my husband recently and were very disappointed with the taste of their food..
    when they start to change the system,the manager etc... it seems like all the magic of their food disappear.. we will not go there anymore.. sayang lang ang pera nyo.

    ReplyDelete